Fall is starting to arrive and although there’s still plenty of green, the trees are slowly changing into their reds and yellows. It’s gorgeous.
I’ll probably share more pictures as the forest transforms but for now it’s just a little preview of the show.
For the past week, the Majestic Maersk has been docked in Copenhagen and today, together with about a billion other people, we went out to see the wonder. For a while there, all I could think was ‘holy shit, that’s a big ass boat!’
A few selected facts about the ship:
- At 400 metres long the Triple-E ships on order by Maersk Line are larger than any vessel of any kind currently on the water. Its capacity of 18,000 TEU is a significant increase on the current 15,500 TEU capacity of the Maersk E-class.
- The height (above baseline) of Triple-E is 73 metres, slightly higher than Allure of the Seas (72 metres), which currently is considered the highest • Other principal measures of the Triple-E include:
- – Beam (breadth): 59 metres
– Draught: 14.5 metres
– Deadweight: 165,000 metric tonnes
– Reefer container capacity: 600
– Top speed: 23 knots
Like I said, a big ass boat..
Already from a distance it was kind of mind-blowing to see the ship towering at the end of the dock and as we got closer, the size of it just seemed unreal.
Maersk has made some pretty cool environmental improvements on this Triple-E vessel and although I’m far from a ship enthusiast, I can’t help but to be impressed with the innovative engineering. Well, that and the size – it’s freakin’ big!
Those tiny cubes you can see stacked up there is actually twenty-foot containers – and it fits little more than 18,000 of those.
I wish we could have gone on board but the tickets had sold out in no time. Next time, right.
The weather in Copenhagen has been amazing lately and today was no different so a lovely walk by the ocean (trying not to notice the billions of people – can’t they find somewhere else to walk, really?) and visiting Maersk’s world record-breaking ship was quite alright.
Suddenly I feel like going on a freighter cruise…
Have a great weekend ♥
Okay so I had every intention of sharing some amazing pictures from the Pride Parade this weekend. Last year I got some cool shots and I was hoping this year was going to be even more colorful and awesome. And it really was. Problem is that I got so wrapped up in the party and therefore slacked on the picture-taking. But what a party!
Last year was the biggest parade ever and this years parade actually topped that. The participants, the costumes, the weather, the music, the beer, the dancing, the happiness, the LoOovE…!
Well, I did take a few pictures – and actually also shot a short video from the middle of the parade but then realized that my VideoPress expired and I really shouldn’t spend 60 bucks right now on a renewal sooo…
From an hour’ish into the whole thing..
Just a tiny bit over exposed..
The official parade is over and the party has started.
… and then I forgot all about taking pictures… Until I suddenly found myself in possession of a glow-in-the-dark bracelet!!! I didn’t know these things still existed but apparently that’s just because I go to the wrong parties.
I know, this picture really could be anything – just take my word for it, it’s a magic bracelet :)
Pedestrian crossing decorations – those were all over the city and allowed the vibe to linger even after the party was over.
And that concludes my highly professional pictures from the best party of the summer. I apologize for the blog-and-run kind of post this has turned out to be – I need a clone..
Dance, laugh, hug someone, share your love – and have a beautiful day ♥
It’s the 1st of May – beer in the sun!
Okay, originally it’s supposed to be a blue-collar union support kinda thing and I guess for some people it still is – but for most people it’s a beer-in-the-sun-with-music-and-spring-atmosphere -kinda-thing.. and let’s be honest here, judging by the frequent whiffs I got, a whole lot of joints kinda thing.
No joints for me but definitely beer and sun-kissed happiness and good company and a feeling of summer and promise of beautiful days to come. Also a rather confusing conversation with a drunk guy about aliens working with the politicians… and something about love… I think we managed to reach the conclusion that we love. Period. We LOVE.
the sun is shining
I just survived a 28 hour written exam
ahead of me is weekend
followed by a whole week of freedom
life is good
disco dancing down the street
hips playfully swaying
twirling towards a changed direction
butt cheeks happily bouncing
to the beat of a busy heart
high on gratitude and oxygen
flirting with a shadow
brought to life
by the kiss of a rising sun
Something wonderful happened a few days ago – the freakishly cool and talented Robert nominated me for The Sunshine Award! How could he know that it all had been a little grey and that sunshine was just what my world needed.
Robert and Stephen has this really awesome blog, Two Gallants, and their writing is amazing! Go visit their universe immediately – I promise, it will enrich your life!
Robert, thank you so much for letting the sunshine reach my little blog, I’m so very grateful!!
And of course there are rules to be followed – no rules, no award apparently.. and I kind of really definitely want the award…
The Sunshine Award rules:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
So these are the questions I have to answer;
- Favorite color? All shades of green. I also love dark purple and at the moment I have a thing with red and orange colors. Okay all colors then – but mostly green.
- Favorite animal? Again, I want to say all animals but if I have to decide on only one, I guess it will be horses. Definitely something too big to accidentally sit on.
- Favorite number? Both 7 and 11 – depends on the situation.
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink? Champagne? Hmm all kinds of fresh juice but also I really just love water.
- Prefer Facebook or Twitter? Not at all in love with Facebook but never used Twitter so…
- My passion? I’m feeling pretty passionate about life and everything in it. Is that not specific enough?
- Prefer getting or giving presents? Definitely giving! I do love getting presents as well but I tend to get a little performance anxiety when unwrapping.
- Favorite pattern? This is a very weird question but okay. I’m amazed by the pattern of nature – the structure of tree bark, a leaf, our skin. The divine imprint.
- Favorite day of the week? Adventure day!
- Favorite flower? Calla Lily and Trumpet Lily but also Sunflower and Rose – and everything special and colorful really.
And so, I hereby nominate the following blogs to receive loving sunshine to brighten up their hearts and their day:
These blogs bring inspiration, laughter, comfort and adds more details to my perspective on this life – in oh so many and different ways. Go visit them at once and see for yourself what magnificence is out there.
Thank you, all of you – and congratulations!!!